Friday, December 24, 2010

Peyton's Room

When we first found out we were having a girl, I immediately started thinking about how we would decorate her room. Now, this may not seem like a huge undertaking, but when you take into account that I do not like pink and did not want pink to be incorporated into the room, it becomes much more difficult! So, I looked online and at stores for cute bedding that didn’t have pink but wasn’t too “boyish”. Of course, I couldn’t find anything I liked (did I mention I’m also a little “particular”? Some may call it picky, but I call it knowing what I like and what I don’t like). Anyway, I am incredibly fortunate to have a mom that is super creative and crafty; so, I asked her to make Peyton’s bedding and curtains! It took a little while to find the right fabrics, but we finally did! She also painted a tree in the corner and added a cute little owl (probably one of my favorite parts of the room and it was a spontaneous idea of Matt’s and my mom’s)! The room turned out better than I could have imagined!!





Isn't the owl adorable?

Thanks to Nana and Aunt Angie for the awesome tree painting!



5 comments:

  1. yay!!!! 2 new posts!!! that is the most adorable room - being particular sure does pay off! and yes, that tree and owl are AWESOME! i love it all, can't wait to meet that little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was my pleasure and privilege making the bedding and curtains for sweet Peyton's nursery, and the tree and little owl were so much fun! i LOVE how it all turned out! great vision, mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom is so talented!!!! I can remember watching her making all of Sierra's things! Can't wait to see this room in person!!! Can't wait for Peyton's arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly, I have not been on the computer much over the holidays - as I am very late in seeing this. Peyton's room looks fantastatic!!! And I love that little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw your 3 "new" posts, and I love how Peyton's room turned out. That tree is AMAZING; your mom is so talented!

    ReplyDelete