Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 6 - 7

We had a rough week in the Walker family when Peyton was 6 - 7 weeks old. I'm not sure if she was going through a growth spurth, or what, but poor baby was not a happy camper (nor were mom and dad due to the lack of sleep and incessant crying/screaming). The week started with me feeling sick. That lasted a few days, and as soon as I was feeling better, Peyton started to get extremely fussy. The first night I was better, she kept waking up every 45 min to 1 hr 15 min. The next day, she wouldn't sleep for more than 30 or 45 minutes at a time, and she would wake up screaming (not crying, screaming). That next night, we decided that she needed to get sleep, at whatever cost; so, I ended up rocking her for over 2 hours. I feel asleep while rocking her, and when I woke up, I didn't want to risk moving her to her crib in case she woke up; so, I moved her in the boppy to the twin bed in our game room. I then laid down with my legs around the boppy to prevent her from rolling out/off (not that she could roll, but you never know). She ended up sleeping for four more hours! Poor girl was probably exhausted. Unfortunately, I was not lucky enough to get that much sleep because I kept waking up, worried that she had rolled.

Thankfully, after a few more rough days (no more nights quite that bad), she was back to her happy self! We never did figure out what was wrong. She had happy moments interspersed with the bad ones and didn't have a fever; so, we don't think she was sick. Who knows...we were just thankful it was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment