Monday, April 4, 2011

Rolling Over!

Peyton rolled over today for the first time!!! She was on her tummy doing tummy time, and I was looking down at my phone. When I looked up, she was on her back. I was momentarily confused as to how she got that way (we'll chalk that up to the lack of sleep last night), and then I realized she must have rolled over! I wanted to be sure that I hadn't put her on her tummy at an awkward angle (with one arm more underneath her than the other that would make her unbalanced or leaning to one side); so, I put her back on her tummy and made sure she was nice and balanced. Lo and behold, she rolled over again! I was so excited; I immediately called Matt to brag. Then I put her back on her tummy to see if it was a fluke....nope! She rolled over a third time! I was so proud :) She went down for a nap soon after, and when she woke back up, what do you think I did? That's right, I checked to make sure she could still do it :) She rolled over two more times! I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I didn't get any of these on video! After her next nap, I tried to get her to roll over again, but she wasn't having it. Sadly, she wouldn't roll over for Matt when he got home either. I'll post video as soon as I can get her to do it again, but until then, here are some pictures!

On her tummy
Starting to roll onto her side
On her back!


3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute! Way to go, Peyton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! She managed to get her roll on before Mommy had to go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Mel! I can't wait to see her do it myself... Does she look surprised when she is on her back? like..hey, how did i get here?

    ReplyDelete