Monday, April 4, 2011

Sleep?

So, I knew I shouldn't have posted about Peyton sleeping 8 and 9 hours a few weeks back...I was asking for trouble. Peyton did really well for about a week and a half averaging about 7 hrs of sleep at night (for her "long" stretch). Well, for the past week and a half, she is down to 5.5 hrs :( I don't know what happened! We are doing the exact same thing as we were before. She even has digressed a couple of nights and woken up twice during the night! At first I thought it was because she was breaking out of her swaddle; so, we started trying a new swaddle. Well, she doesn't break out of this one as frequently, but last night she woke up twice again! Now, I am hoping it is a growth spurt and that it will only be a couple of nights like this. I'm really hoping she is just getting all of this out of her system before I go back to work on Friday because I'm not sure how well I will function at work if she wakes up twice in the night! I have been tracking her feeding and sleeping times for the past few weeks and finally got around to entering it all into Excel today (yep, I'm an accountant/nerd). It seems like she sleeps for longer stretches at night when she hasn't napped as well that day, or at least hasn't taken a long nap in the afternoon. This seems contrary to what I read in all the books...they all say that the more sleep babies get during the day, the better they sleep at night. This does not seem to be the case in our household! I guess we will see how she does the rest of this week with her naps!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm sorry she's not sleeping as well as she was before. But I'm cracking up that you are tracking everything in Excel! Not that I blame you. I love Excel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boooooooo! Yes, they say "sleep begets sleep"......ALLEGEDLY. Doesn't always work that way. Be prepared to be exhausted when you go back to work. I was soooooo tired the first month or so and that was with sleep. I mean I was literally falling asleep at the wheel on the way to work and taking naps in my car when I got to work.

    Oh, and NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT! But admitting you have a problem is the first step.

    ReplyDelete