Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day as a mom! We actually started celebrating on Friday when Matt surprised me with these:

Aren't they the cutest cupcakes ever?!?! If you don't recognize the little owl, it's the same one that is in Peyton's room on a canvas bag that holds all of her stuffed animals and that my mom painted on her tree and my mom put on a hooded towel! I LOVE that owl!!! I have such a sweet, thoughtful husband :) He knows me so well that he didn't just get me cupcakes/sweets; he also got me my other love....that's right, Starbucks gift cards! I've been trying not to go there as much lately (to save money and all that jazz), but now I can go lots without feeling guilty!

On actual Mother's Day, Matt got up with Peyton in the middle of the night so I could get some sleep. He offered to get up with her at 7 when she wakes up, but I love the mornings! She is always so happy in the mornings! We had a great time playing, we went on a long walk, and we even fit in a trip to Starbucks all before her first nap of the day at 9! Once she woke up, we all went to Hopdoddy for lunch (yummmmy burgers!) When Peyton was taking her next nap, I headed off for a quick trip to the mall! We spent the rest of the day relaxing, stopped by Jen, Kyle and Sierra's to say hi and give Jen a cupcake, and ordered Chinese food for dinner! It was a wonderful first Mother's Day! I am so thankful that I get to be Peyton's mom! What a wonderful job!!!!!







4 comments:

  1. Good work Matt! Good work! Sounds like an awesome day and I know what you mean about the mornings. Although Mackenzie isn't quite in a good mood until she gets her 1st breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful first mothers day! Love Peyton in that dress!

    Also . . . does James know about these cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect Mother's Day! Those cupcakes are adorable! Way to go Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn - no! I don't think he does, I'll have to tell him!

    ReplyDelete